Do You Know

A minor works certificate should be issued for an addition or an alteration to a single circuit that does not extend to the provision of a new circuit as an alternative to an electrical installation certificate.

Listed below is a sample of situations that would require a minor works certificate:

  • Replacement of an accessory, such as a socket outlet, light switch or a light fitting, on a like-for-like basis.
  • Additional socket outlet on a single existing radial or ring circuit
  • Additional lighting point (luminaire and/or switching) in a single existing circuit.

BS7671 Reg. 631.3